Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Protein separation, purification and drying process development and optimization.
- Work with a team to develop separation techniques to isolate target proteins.
- Independently execute bench-scale isolation trials.
- Perform protein analytics including SDS-PAGE, Bradford, UV-vis, rheology, etc.
- Optimize final product formulation and perform shelf-life studies.
- Interface with the engineering team and assist with pilot-scale trials as necessary.
- Maintain organized, accurate, and up to date lab notebook.
- Present work to peers and receive feedback on a routine basis.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, or related fields with 2+ years of industrial or academic laboratory experience post graduation. MS degree is preferred.
- Experience executing complex experiments with multiple variables and a high number of samples.
- Background knowledge in protein biochemistry.
- Proficient in buffer preparation, pipetting, operating lab-scale equipment.
- Hard working self-motivated individual with excellent quantitative skills, good organization and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, fast learner, and ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to persevere through obstacles through determination and teamwork.
- Creative and strong problem solving ability.
- Proficient in excel. Additional programming skills are a plus.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics