Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Responsible for Process Development for Impossible Foods’ downstream processing protein Pilot Plant.
- Design and develop separation processes to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variability, improve process capability.
- Develop, verify, and validate products from process development to successful commercialization.
- Produce PFDs to facilitate technology transfer program.
- Evaluate current processes and provide recommendations.
- Develop process improvements for high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide training and guidance to process development associates and pilot plant technician as needed.
- Develop and maintain process optimization and validation programs.
- Research and recommend new process technologies for evaluation to improve efficiency.
- Participate in process improvement projects to improve product quality, decrease cost, and improve product performance.
- Communicate business and technical needs, status, results and observations to operating, technical and business personnel.
- Ensure that process techniques are in alignment with the corporate goals and quality policy.
- Determine process capability for all developed processes.
- Foster a collaborative and organizational learning environment for pilot plant
- Participate in troubleshooting initiatives surrounding pilot processing, quality and equipment failures
- Four-year degree in Chemical Engineering or Biological Engineering. Project management training experiences a plus.
- 5-10 years of process development and engineering experience in pilot plant or manufacturing operations (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food industry).
- Familiarity or understanding of cGMP’s and cGDP’s, prior experiences in pilot plant operations continuous improvement a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of biotech and/or food processes, systems, large scale manufacturing equipment, and downstream process scale-up and troubleshooting, operating protein processing technologies and equipment such as centrifugation, cell disruption/milling, tangential flow filtration, depth filtration, and liquid chromatography.
- Familiarity or understanding of Clean-in-Place (CIP), Clean-out-of-Place (COP), Sanitation for microbial reduction.
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills.
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability.
- Clearly communicates to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate using telephone and e-mail is required.
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively.
- Efficient multitasker.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics