Operation of MRI scanner:
- As an MRI Technologist, you are responsible for patient safety and the performance of high quality MR studies.
- Insures effective communication with individuals undergoing MR scanning, including Q Bio staff and radiologists as necessary.
- Performs and remains current on all scanning protocols.
- Assists in the configurations of existing or new protocols on scanner workstation.
- Responsible for ordering of supplies, cleaning unit, and scan participant preparation.
- Prepares patients for MRI exam: explains procedure, ensures that patient screening form is properly completed, safely transfers scan participant to MRI equipment, properly positions patient and assists patient on completion of exam; completes exams in the required timeframe
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and when necessary report to the proper personnel for repair
- Utilizes ancillary tools and equipment appropriately: PACS system and other software systems
Scanner Participant Scheduling and Screening:
Assist in scheduling when needed
Ensure participants are adequately screened for safety prior to arrival for scan
Image Post Processing:
- Responsible for post processing images including transfer of images to PACS/storage, ensuring all post processing steps are complete including but not limited to image annotation, segmentation, data entry, and any additional image analysis
- Responsible for training new technologists
- Performs pertinent MRI Safety training for Q Bio Staff
- Performs pre-screening for contraindications and onsite screening of scan participants
- License/Certifications: ARMRIT - American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist; BLS - Basic Life Support
- Completion of an accredited Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) program or Radiologic technology program
- Clinical work experience of at least 2-5 years
- Proficiency running advanced MR studies independently
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary team and the drive to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Understands, performs and accurately completes all examinations on MRI equipment, following clinic practices and procedures
- Strong bedside manner, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated patient care skills with ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.