Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Manage and oversee the sourcing and negotiation process for majority of all the raw materials used in our manufacturing sites.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop meaningful requirements to ensure quality responses from suppliers.
- Actively develop secondary and tertiary sources of supply for all managed ingredients.
- Lead cross functional supplier selection activities through management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Evaluate the financial stability of potential suppliers.
- Perform required business analysis with a strategic focus on total cost of ownership.
- Be responsible for developing should cost models for current and future ingredients with a deep understanding of cost drivers for each.
- Develop a 3-year long-range supply plan that encompasses risk assessment and levers to increase capacity across all raw materials and suppliers to enable product growth and new product introductions.
- Independently develop a strategic category strategy based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive benchmarking.
- Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in across the organization to ensure alignment.
- Establish a supplier performance management process to manage and accelerate supplier business performance and relationships.
- Continuously seek out cost savings opportunities and leads efforts to realize those savings.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics or related fields. Master’s degree or an MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sourcing experience in food, CPG, biotech, and or pharma industry.
- Required in depth knowledge of the sourcing process with strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to be able to analyze bids and data from a variety of data sources to help drive decision making
- Extensive experience in driving complex negotiations and a variety of deals/contracts.
- Strong internal stakeholder management skills – capacity to listen, build trusting relationships in all levels of the organization, understand and capture stakeholder’s needs and deliver effective solutions
- Proven ability to manage and influence all phases of change management
- Ability to prioritize projects and stakeholder needs
- Ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally.
- A high energy individual with a positive can-do attitude.
- Hard working, self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written
- communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for food
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- 15-20% travel required
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics