Human Resources Specialist
Redwood City, CA
Job Description Summary
Administer policies and procedures. Coordinates Human Resource activities such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in areas of 401(k), payroll, workers compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA recordkeeping.
- Comply with provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, SOX, ERISA and oversee mandated reporting to appropriate agencies.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assist in preparation of records and administration of benefit programs, personnel changes such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Responsible to provide backup assistance for payroll processing and timekeeping & attendance program.
- Plan and conduct training & orientation covering company policies, benefits, safety and sexual harassment training for new employees.
- Assist in administration of performance improvement plans, performance review program and discipline process.
- Investigate employee complaints, assist with counseling and recommend action on employee relations matters.
- Conduct exit interviews, report, track and analyze trends in turnover and absenteeism.
- Perform annual review and research of local market rates, report & provide recommendations.
- Reconciliation of monthly billing/invoices for group benefits, and resolve any conflicts.
Education And/Or Experience
- Bachelors degree from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
- Proficient in Human Resource Systems, payroll systems, spreadsheet software, word processing software, and publishing/graphics software.
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Proven leadership abilities, showing initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Limited travel required