Location: Redwood City Clubhouse
Salary Range: $17.50+ per hour
Job Classification: Part-time, 22-28 hours per week
Hours: Monday-Friday 3:30pm-8:00pm
What will you do?
- Coordinates 1:1 tutoring and small group tutoring
- Communicate with tutors regarding scheduled appointments, schedule changes, and events
- Communicate and advertise tutoring schedules regularly and accurately
- Sustain a positive and inspired academic experience and learning community in academic spaces
- Act as representative for the Academic Success Team in partnering high schools through recruitment, presentations, and connections with teachers/staff
- Advise students regarding study habits, relationship building with teachers and school staff, and fulfilling A-G requirements
- Build positive relationships with students geared towards guiding students in their efforts to achieve their personal academic goals
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have?
• Experience working with diverse youth and communities of color
• Proven ability to manage tasks, students, and work independently
• Ability to build relationships with various parties geared towards student success
• Working towards earning or earned a bachelor’s degree
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (BGCP), our business is changing lives. We are a vibrant, entrepreneurial nonprofit in the heart of Silicon Valley that is committed to partnering with schools to ensure the low-income students of our community graduate from high school, ready for college and career. BGCP is the largest expanded learning time organization in Silicon Valley, serving 2,500 students at twelve sites in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Redwood City. In neighborhoods where ⅓ of the students drop out of high school, BGCP members learn the importance of education and become part of a community of learners, wanting and expecting to succeed in school.