We are looking for an experienced payroll manager to join our growing team as we build out world class finance functions to support our growing organization. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for all aspects of payroll administration and T&E processing functions including limited to processing and accounting for the company’s payrolls and providing services to employees related to payroll issues. This position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities
Summary of Responsibilities
- Bi-monthly processing of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 200+ US employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Monthly processing of International payroll including data transmission, reconciliation, payroll and tax funding memo wires and manual check requests; liaise with external payroll service vendors worldwide.
- Global travel and expense reporting and reimbursement – tracking adherence to policy and processing travel and expense payments.
- Posting of related accounting entries and reconciliation of all payroll accounts.
- Out of cycle/ad hoc payments of employees and production and issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Partnering with Human Resources on all matters involving employees compensation, benefits and disability payments to ensure:
- Proper taxation of employer paid benefits, including stock based compensation and 401(k) contributions and funding
- Timely and accurate updating of payroll records for new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations, changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Ownership of all payroll processes and procedures including analysis, design & implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency, best practice operations and compliance with company policies.
- Leadership role in planning, implementing and administering new/upgraded systems that impact payroll processing.
- Support annual Financial Statement audit, 401k audit, Workers Comp audit, ESD and other audits as required.
- Efficiently process inquiries and requests from current and former employees.
- Prepare relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s and 1099’s.
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPP preferred.
- 5+ years experience managing processing multi-state payroll. International experience preferred.
- Highly analytical with strong working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Advanced skills and demonstrated expertise supporting best practice global payroll processes, systems, policies and key internal controls.
- Familiar with ADP Workforce, Workday and Concur – Netsuite and Shareworks a plus
- Prior experience with system upgrades and implementations – Workday a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively with executives and staff and manage external service providers.
- Proven team player who thrives on working hard with like-minded colleagues in a very collaborative environment.
- Able to maintain total confidentiality and discretion.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.