Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Small-scale Fermentation Laboratory Operation
- Operate and maintain small-scale aseptic fermenters, microbial shake flasks and associated equipment (such as process control systems, automated data collection, autoclaves, online instrumentation, etc.)
- Design and Execute DOEs on fermentation processes and recipes for shake-flasks to lab-scale bioreactors.
- Critically analyze fermentation data, generating testable hypotheses to increase product yield, production rate, robustness, and profitability.
- Promptly organize, analyze and report experimental results to project teams.
- Write, execute, and teach fermentation SOPs.
- Develop and maintain fermentation processes records.
- Troubleshoot, develop, and maintain analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Protein Fermentation System Design and Implementation
- Participate in design, procurement, and implementation of lab to production-scale fermentation equipment and controls.
- Ensure that all systems and operations meet and maintain appropriate safety and food quality standards.
- Challenge industry standards and tailor solutions to what is needed in the short term and long term to advance our mission.
- Long Term Manufacturing Strategy
- Take the initiative to develop long term manufacturing strategies and cost projections.
- Critically analyze the balance between retrofitting existing systems and building new facilities.
- Participate in internal sensory panels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in fermentation operations (laboratory, pilot or manufacturing scale (pharmaceutical, biochemical and/or food).
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Fermentation Science or related field.
- Detailed understanding of biotech and/or food fermentation processes, systems and controls, production-scale fermentation equipment, and downstream process scale-up.
- Critical data analysis skills implementing statistical, continuous improvement and six sigma methodologies
- Experience working with common process-control and data-historian software
- Self-motivated individual with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, organization and accountability
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic teams from research, development, production and external service providers effectively
- Full written and verbal fluency in English
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee will routinely need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to communicate using telephone and e-mail is required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection required in some process areas.
- Must be willing to work in and comply to a Food GMP environment.
- Off hours work may be occasionally required.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics