Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all facility grounds and building related equipment within the Redwood City manufacturing site. This position will ensure that all equipment and grounds are maintained in a safe and functioning condition, and will coordinate outside contractors or vendors for various services accordingly.
- Maintain interior building equipment, lights, doors, walls, plumbing, etc.
- Paint interior walls as needed
- Maintain all life safety equipment and repair as needed
- Maintain exterior equipment and on the roof
- Will ensure the proper maintenance of all facilities grounds
- Must keep work orders prioritized and up-to-date
- Acts as the primary contact for all Redwood City personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis – on call responsibilities
- May need to solicits bids and quotes from vendors
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantles and installs furniture
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor or Facilities Manager
- Minimum 3-5 years of working in as a Facilities Tech or building engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or technical studies equivalent preferred
- Must be able to prioritize work based urgency
- Must be able to navigate in a fast pace environment with changing priorities
- Must have attention to detail and maintain all work in a clean and organized fashion
- Self-motivated individual with organizational and communication skills
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability
- Ability to work with diverse, dynamic team effectively
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics