Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
The Director of Category Management & Sales Strategy is a key member of the Retail Sales team and
leads development of the strategies and plans to drive Impossible to be the category leader for retailers
and consumers. This position requires both category management and analytical expertise as well as
the ability to work well cross functionally (e.g MarComms, Finance, Product, Supply Chain, etc.). The
role will report to the VP of US Retail Sales in Redwood City, California.
- Deliver objective category insights, analysis, and thought leadership supporting growth for Impossible’s fast growing and disruptive products in a developing category.
- Leverage customer POS and syndicated data to develop deep understanding of the quickly moving and evolving category landscape.
- Lead comprehensive understanding of category landscape to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives.
- Foster analytical, results-driven culture with focus on KPI goal setting and attainment
- Collaborate externally with retail partners.
- Support the development of customer specific sell-in stories utilizing multiple sources of data (i.e. SPINS, POS, Retail Link, etc.).
- Responsible for supporting customer presentations with relevant consumer insights, category insights and category vision.
- Conduit between Retail Sales and all internal functions.
- Central point of contact for retail channel needs, driving cross-functional collaboration and consensus building across Retail Sales, Product Management, Insights, Analytics, Marketing, and Finance teams. Streamline communications to ensure achievement of retail sales objectives.
- Drive overall retail strategy communication with executive team, including product and financial analyses and growth projections. Effectively synthesize Retail Sales opportunities, challenges, needs and status updates.
- Centralize all Retail Sales annual planning activities (AOP) along with VP of US Retail Sales.
- Drive launch planning and execution for all new innovation. Lead new item materials development and deliverables to Sales.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 10+ years of CPG/food retail sales and category management experience.
- A genuine interest and passion for Impossible Food's mission.
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, MarComms, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics