Redwood City, CA
The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating a competitive advantage for IMVU and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. The petabyte of data we store and the hundreds of GB of transactional data that we process each day provide a great opportunity to apply machine learning techniques to design powerful and meaningful experiences to our users.
We are looking for Interested BS/MS candidates for Data engineers to not only help us build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems but also to build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, you will learn and work with the company's products, data consumers and analysts.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical fields.
- 3+ years of experience in software and/or operations engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Hadoop & Big Data Ecosystems
- 3+ years experience in writing SQL and ETL processes.
- Good development/automation skills. Must be very comfortable with reading and writing Scala, Python or Java code.
- Build ETL pipelines using Kafka/scala/hive etc
- Monitor the health of our system and optimize for performance/cost savings
- Support Daily ETL Jobs monitoring and Failure on a schedule
- Experience with Free-to-play/social games
- Experience Kafka
- Experience with Spark-SQL/pyspark
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over Five million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
IMVU envisions a world of deepening friendships through highly connective virtual shared experiences. Instead of posting past each other on Facebook or Instagram, IMVU user interactions are hyperpersonal - the experience is similar to the fidelity of face-to-face interaction, but at a heightened level, which enables users to find a meaningful connection like in the real world.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We'd like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.