Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
- Organize and manage effective operation of analytical laboratory.
- Ensure timely maintenance, troubleshooting and performance test execution for multiple GC/MS, LC/MS and HPLC systems.
- Ensure adequate supplies and consumables availability for uninterrupted operation of the laboratory.
- Lead installation, upgrades and moves of new instrumentation in close collaboration with Facilities.
- Manage and mentor technical staff of the laboratory.
- Set analytical service capabilities of the laboratory and ensure timely sample analysis and result reporting.
- Serve as a technical lead in development and validation of new assays.
- Collect project and sample requests from R&D team and prioritize them according to overall company goals.
- MS or Ph.D in Chemistry or related science disciplines.
- 5+ of experience in analytical laboratory which include management of staff, instrumentation time, performance and maintenance, timely sample through put, purchasing, interaction with external vendors.
- Experience with development of industrialized and high through put assays.
- Experience interacting with internal customers to collect their requests and feedback and report data and progress in timely and courteous manner.
- Excellent communication skills and breadth of technical and scientific background to thrive in a complex research environment.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics