Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Impossible Foods is the place for you.
Impossible Foods was founded in 2011 to create a truly sustainable global food system by inventing an efficient, sustainable way to transform plants into irresistibly delicious, nutritious food -- food that delivers all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental impact. Our first product, the Impossible Burger, was introduced by top chefs to the world and is currently available at over 16,000 restaurants across the United States and abroad.
As the National Accounts Sales Manager for commercial chain accounts, you will leverage your enthusiasm for our mission and your knowledge of both branded and custom product sales to drive chain account business. You will be in charge of selling into new national account prospects and working cross-functionally to manage the sales process internally. Impossible Foods is scaling rapidly, this is a unique opportunity to impact our business and most importantly, our mission.
You will be part of the Direct Sales team, which is focused on all strategic and national sales where Impossible owns the direct to customer relationship. Our sales strategy and presentations are consultative strategic sales, aka enterprise sales. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of chain customers’ businesses and challenges.
We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling solutions with a proven ability to win new business. Your primary goal will be to quickly and personally achieve aggressive organic growth by building new relationships with national account chains.
This position is ideally for someone located at headquarters, however we are open to a work-from-home employee.
- Actively pursue, develop and close new key national chain accounts
- Be responsible to achieve assigned volume and profit goals
- Build relationships with key decision makers that understand our value-added offerings with accounts’ R&D, Culinary, Marketing, Operations and Procurement
- Work with our Marketing and Culinary teams to develop and deliver trends and insight-driven ideations and applications to drive new sales at strategic accounts
- Work closely with entire Sales and Marketing teams on product launches, training, communication, sales support and promotional tools for your accounts and prospects
- Build, maintain, and share a high level of competitor and segment knowledge in terms of product offerings, pricing, discounts and promotions, volume and trade spend, forecasting, price modeling, P&L understanding, and contract development
- Manage specific chain account pricing and rebates through our pricing department
- Update Salesforce.com and provide regular reports to senior managers
- Work with Sales Coordinator to seamlessly onboard new customers
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
- 7-10 years’ CPG Foodservice National Accounts Sales experience required
- Demonstrated success in growing Foodservice business volume
- Experience in complex sales environments, demonstrating success in sales that have a major impact on our business, many stakeholders and longer sales cycle (6+ months)
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- An interest in traveling nationally up to 50% of the time with some nights and weekends required for customer meetings, shows and conventions
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking sales, determining ROI, and developing data-driven strategies
- Best-in-class oral and written communication skills: negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- The ability to be a structured and organized thinker who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction; attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
- Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities to close business
- High energy and stamina, changing the world takes grit
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics