0225 Admin Assistant
ReqRoute,Inc Redwood, CA
Job title: Admin Assistant
Location: Redwood, CA
The Admin Assistant manages a variety of general office activities to ensure smooth operation cilent's corporate office. Responsible for overall office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facility management.
· Answers incoming phone calls and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
· Manages Payroll, timekeeping and scheduling for onsite employees.
· Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
· Ensures limited time is spent away from reception desk, area is kept neat/clean, greets visitors in a kind, professional manner.
· Manages and distributes office and building access keys/cards.
· Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
· Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
· Maintains conference room calendars via Outlook.
· Processes expense reports as requested.
· Orders office supplies for New Store Openings.
· New Hire Orientation- Creates I.T. tech ticket for new hire’s equipment and phone. Ensures all employees have their dry erase board with their name installed in their cubicle and/or name plate installed on office door prior to first day of employment. Make certain new employee’s desk is set up with necessary office supplies and is clean. Assigns badge for building entry and conducts office tour/introductions with new employees.
· Phone List- Responsible for monthly updates and posting to SpecNet.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Show sharp attention to detail
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to negotiate effectively.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook and advanced user in Excel (Pivot, Vlookup, etc).
· Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred