At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Capture and Proposal Excellence team is seeking a Director of Capture capability to build an organization that will institutionalize a transformation of capture leadership skills across the Aeronautics and Space Systems sectors. The Director Capture Management 1 reports to the Director of Capture and Proposal Excellence.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Capture Process Owner responsible for efficient and effective capture process development and sustainment
- Working with HR regarding Capture skills in the bench process
- Planning Capture Readiness Reviews
- Leads a team providing capture support, analytics, and leadership/team dynamics support to capture teams
- Establishing and running a mentor program for NGSS and NGAS Capture Managers
- Coaching/mentoring some Capture Managers at the Director and Manager levels, and for leadership participation in Independent Capture Assessments and other formal capture reviews
- Providing capture process facilitation and capture teaching
- Directly supporting captures across the Aeronautics and Space Sectors
The successful candidate will spend time at Northrop Grumman locations in Southern California, the Washington, DC area, and other Northrop Grumman sites. Must have outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Candidate must have established credibility and a strong understanding of capture strategy and execution. Additionally, strong project management skills with the ability to execute initiatives with urgency, accuracy and efficiency will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 9 years demonstrated experience in aerospace capture or business development
- 5 years experience in a management role
- Current and active DoD Top Secret, SAP and/or SCI Clearances
- Experience with capture decision authority over one or more pursuits
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and coaching high performance individuals
- Strong knowledge of the federal government's acquisition process
- Experience with capture of aerospace development contracts
- Customer-side acquisition experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.