Mackin Talent is seeking a Software Engineer. The ideal candidate needs experience in Windows or Linux system administration, deployment and continuous integration experience, experience in web programming, familiarity with Machine Learning, experience using Kubernetes or Docker, and AWS experience (Cloudfront, Lambda, Cognito).
- Support research scientists in using Facebook’s infrastructure (e.g. source control, distributed compute clusters,
- data storage) most effectively.
- Coordinate with a large set of internal infrastructure and tool teams across the lab and across Facebook to
- evaluate and integrate with existing systems.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done
- with a high level of efficiency.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR
- problem solving.
- Create tooling and infrastructure to make AR/VR research more efficient.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in computational complexity, algorithm design, low level computer architecture,
- software design.
- Experience in Windows or Linux shell scripting
- Proficiency in using source control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce, Mercurial)
- Demonstrated expertise in Python
- Experience in Windows or Linux system administration
- Deployment and continuous integration experience
- Experience in web programming
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Experience using Kubernetes or Docker
- AWS experience (Cloudfront, Lambda, Cognito)