Software Design Engineer 2
Take your career to the next level with eXcell. We offer jobs with Fortune 1000 companies nationwide, AND invest in your career development through our generous, annual training contribution.
Our very high-visibility client is looking for a Software Design Engineer to own support and monitoring of production and beta testing service.
Tasks to include:
- Proactive investigation of errors, warnings and signals from all telemetry (Azure + internal)
- Management of alerts on App Insights: writing and tweaking queries to adapt to changes in service and to reduce false positives
- Monitoring of Azure Security Center
- Filling bugs to capture real issues to be fixed by engineering team
- Escalation of issues to engineering team on VSTS if customer is potentially impacted
- Tracking progress / resolution on CRM
- Monitoring SQL database and app services compute consumption and upgrade capacity as needed
- Creation of tickets if necessary, (e.g. Azure quotas, etc.)
- Writing alerts to detect warning and error conditions in the service
- Developing metrics and reports to show service performance
- Creating scripts to quickly parse logs to aid in diagnosing common causes of problems
* * * Local Candidates Only * * * Non-Local candidates will be rejected without consideration. Relocation assistance is not on offer.
- 5+ years’ experience required
- Experience with alerting and reporting of a production service: 2+ years’ experience
- Scripting and software development ability to automate: 2+ years’ experience
- Automating reports and show where all the issues have been: 2+ years’ experience
- Experience working in a small, fast-paced team playing various roles
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.