Who We Are: MicroVision, Inc. (NASDAQ: MVIS), a leader in MEMS based solid state automotive lidar for advanced driver safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving sensor and micro-display technology for augmented reality is the pioneer and creator of PicoP® scanning technology, an ultra-miniature laser projection and sensing solution based on the laser beam scanning methodology. The technology is well suited to support a wide array of applications including interactive projection, robotics, industrial applications, and Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). MicroVision is an independently recognized leader for its formidable intellectual property portfolio. The company is based in Redmond, Washington.
Is this You: MicroVision currently has an opportunity in our MEMS Engineering Department for an experienced Sr. Staff MEMS Design Engineer to help drive Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) development, performance improvement and program execution. You will perform mechanical design, characterization, failure analysis, and hands on testing as needed in support of existing projects and new development activities. It is expected that you are self-motivated and an independent researcher with the ability to leads teams and programs as needed to meet the technology development goals. A working knowledge of electro-magnetic, piezo-electric, and electrostatic actuation methods as well as MEMS material properties and fabrication and assembly processes is preferred.
- Explore system architecture concepts
- Identify and model key parameters related to device performance
- Perform detailed design and analysis of electro-magnetic, piezo-electric, and electrostatic drive methods to operate MEMS devices used for interactive projection and sensing applications
- Assist in the generation of required documentation for piece parts, assemblies, and test methods
- Perform design validation and reliability testing related to exposure to temperature limits, shock, and extended operation
- Assist in development of qualification / verification test plans to ensure device and system requirements are met
- Assist in characterization testing, data analysis, and failure analysis of prototype and pre-production units
- Support of schedules, planning, and execution of tasks / sub tasks to ensure program milestones are achieved
- Experience with MEMS and electronic packaging related to opto-mechanical systems
- Familiar with modeling and analysis of electro-magnetic, piezo-electric, and / or electrostatic behaviors related to MEMS actuation
- Experience with mathematical modeling and / or Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using ANSYS, MATLAB, Minitab, and SOLIDWORKS
- Thorough knowledge of material properties, adhesive bonding, and environmental testing
- A broad understanding across multiple disciplines such as mechanical and optical systems, electronics, or reliability engineering
- Statistical methods, Design of Experiments, and data management
- Experience with design for manufacturability and new product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics
- 5 to 10 years of experience in related technical field
MicroVision is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. MicroVision is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation in completing the application, attending and/or participating in an interview or in taking any test required for employment.