The only way to deliver a single, global, mobile network is with satellite communications – and Kymeta Corporation is making it a reality. Kymeta delivers unique products and services, leveraging its extensive IP portfolio to unlock the untapped potential of satellite spectrum. Kymeta's mission is to be the singular authoritative voice for seamless services across satellite and satellite-cellular connectivity.
Join our team in developing exciting new technology, which will change communication all over the world. Come work alongside brilliant colleagues who share a commitment to each other's success and know how to have fun!
Kymeta is seeking an experienced firmware/software engineer with a broad skill set. A successful candidate will work with our research group in prototyping and designing the control mechanism for our next generation antenna technologies. If you are looking for a challenging and satisfying roll where you can leverage a broad range of embedded firmware skills and work in the challenging area of electronic beam steering, you have found it!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with simple controller to program voltage level control for experimental prototypes
- Research and provide input to control design going forward for more complex prototypes
- Write prototype control software in C or C++, Python and FPGA for the next controller prototype
- Work with the team to troubleshoot and evolve the control algorithms
- Write code in a Linux embedded environment for control
- Work with Matlab simulations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years experience programming in Python
- 5 years experience in programming real time embedded firmware or related software to control hardware electrical interfaces at high speed
- sufficient electrical engineering background to contribute to design discussion around scanned array voltage control
- 3-5 years C coding experience
- 3-5 years experience in FPGA programming using Verilog or VHDL
- Ability to drive, plan and organize projects independently
- Ability to understand schematics and perform basic hardware debugging skills (logic analyzer, scope probing)
- 3-5 years working in Linux
- Practical knowledge of antenna/ RF communications preferred
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
The assessment will take ~5-10 minutes.
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.