Sr. Power System Test Engineer
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space based systems design.
The Senior Power System Test Engineer will be a member of the power team and responsible for design verification and test of prototype/first generation power electronics designs for the Project Kuiper Satellite power system.
In this role, you will:
· Work with power system design engineers to define test requirements and create design verification test plans for first generation and prototype power electronics designs in the areas of solar, battery and power conversion.
· Plan, coordinate and execute prototype design verification testing.
· Automate power electronics testing
· Compile test data and generate test results and reports
· Debug power electronics bugs/issues working with design engineers
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field or 10+ years of equivalent experience in hardware verification or test in aerospace, automotive or consumer electronics
· 7+ years of experience in hardware verification or test in aerospace, automotive or consumer electronics
· Solid understanding of EE fundamentals
· Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering
· Experience with planning and execution of testing and verification of power system related components including solar arrays, batteries, power conversion and power protection circuits.
· Familiarity with test equipment, such as DC sources, eLoads, oscilloscopes, electrical measurement/instrumentation and related components (for example using National Instruments data acquisition equipment).
· Experience with design and test of harnessing to interface devices-under-test and test equipment.
· Experience with designing and deploying automation in a hardware test environment.
· Knowledge of test automation framework and software (NI Test Stand or equivalent).
· Strong scripting skills for test automation execution, data collection and report generation.
· Cross-organizational communication – comfortable evangelizing ideas and concerns clearly and persuasively, in both verbal and written forms.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us