Senior Optics Sourcing Manager, Project Kuiper SPACE PROGRAM Senior Optics Global Sourcing Manager
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Key job responsibilities
Prioritized Amazon Leadership Principles
· Learn and Be Curious
· Earn Trust
· Invent and Simplify
Using industry, relevant data analysis and engineering partnerships, create and execute strategic sourcing plans to help internal customers meet their goals
· Working with a range of stakeholders including business leaders, engineering leaders, legal, program management, and supply chain to negotiate a variety of agreements and contracts including term sheets, MOUs, NDAs, SOWs, development agreements, component purchase agreements and others
· Analyzing industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify projects/opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit Amazon’s customers
· Influencing suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
· Prioritize projects and activities to deliver maximum cost reductions and reliable supply
· Managing cross-functional projects against plans and objectives to meet commitments and goals
· Driving financial modeling of large and complex deals
· Evaluating and monitor critical supplier performance, including financial health, quality, on-time delivery, and cost
· Building a vendor base that can scale as Kuiper scales
· Effectively leading cross-functional meetings with clear document writing, agenda creation, note capture and follow-up activity coordination
· Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the supply chain
Export Control Requirement: Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record developing and executing strategy, negotiating master agreements and statements of work, and managing supplier performance. Experience working in new and ambiguous environments while solving complex problems with a broad range of cross functional stakeholders will be an advantage.
About the team
The Kuiper team is looking for a Senior Optics Global Sourcing Manager leader to support business and engineering stakeholders in selecting, developing and managing business relationships with critical technology and service suppliers, and others as needed to execute on Kuiper objectives.
· BS degree in business, engineering, or a scientific field
· 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain management or program management
· 3+ years of people management experience
· 2+ years of experience with supplier negotiation, purchasing agreements or development agreements
· 2+ years of experience developing and negotiating business deals associated with high-specification manufacturing or technology
· 2+ years of experience with optics technology, design practices, materials, fabrication methods, cost model analysis, and quality assurance systems
· MBA and a degree in optical/mechanical/aerospace engineering, or a scientific field
· Experience managing large value, multi-year contracts for complex engineered products
· 3+ years of experience managing optics commodity
· Experience developing clean sheet should-cost model to analyze and negotiate contract price with required capacity
· Experience in optics manufacturing operations
· Experience in Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Consumer Electronics industries
· Experience working with a range of partners and component suppliers, including those engaged in technology development
· Fantastic communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to work independently and without a playbook
· Experience with export restricted products
· Travel (including international) may be required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.