Are you passionate about developing innovative technologies? The Cryogenic Computing team is chartered to develop technologies and systems necessary to enable practical Quantum Computing as part of Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are building the future today, and the team needs your insight and creativity!
We are looking for a creative, talented and experienced engineer with a strong background and expertise in ASIC verification flows. The candidate's primary responsibility will be verifying IPs/Subsystems/SOCs using industry standard verification methodologies such as UVM. Technology areas where previous experience in shipping products or advanced stage incubation are very valuable to our efforts include any of the following: Multicore CPU/GPU architectures, Graphics Architectures, Advanced System Architectures, Mobile Architectures and modern SOCs, Low power IP development.
- A BS in EE, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant pre-silicon verification experience on IP/Subsystems/SoC architectures
- Proven experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Excellent skills in a modern verification methodology such as UVM/OVM
- Strong understanding of System Verilog & Assertions
- Good development skills in C/C+
• design and coding, with strong debugging skills
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
- High tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation to actual product definition to execution.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Low power verification experience preferred
- Experience with Formal or property checking preferred
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of the pre/post silicon verification strategy, test design and test infrastructure for our products
- Work collaboratively with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, program management and software development for sustained long term success
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Partner with architects and other technical leaders to provide test influence on feature and product designs
- Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborate with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist