Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
A day in the life
The Quality Inspector will work closely with machinists, engineers and machining shop management to outline, develop and optimize in process inspection. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in programming and inspecting tight tolerance aerospace components. The desired candidate will have experience in a fast paced machining environment and will have the ability to respond quickly to interruptions and requests to support test teams.
About the hiring group
The Kuiper machine shop provides development fabrication capabilities as well as future production machining. These operations occur in our Redmond facilities.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced, start-up like environment. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of execution.
· Program, setup and operate coordinate measuring machines.
· Perform first article, in-process, final and receiving inspections.
· Provide feedback to machinists and engineers with dimensional data.
· Document, track and complete discrepancy reports.
· Maintain and track all inspection equipment calibrations.
· Superior blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M standard.
· Provide inspection time estimates.
· Maintain configuration control on files and job records.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fluent in the use of precision hand tools, gages, optical comparator, and surface plate work.
· Experience inspecting tight tolerance, high value components.
· Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates.
· Basic machining knowledge.
· Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 7+ years of machine shop experience in programming and operating inspection equipment
· 7+ years of experience in CMM programming.
· 5+ years of experience with GD&T
· Zeiss Calypso or equivalent programming experience
· Experience setting up new inspection facilities
· R&D manufacturing experience
· Demonstrated analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with AS9100 Quality Management System
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· CAD experience Siemens NX, CATIA, Solidworks