Q Analysts is looking for a Build and Release Engineer to join our project team working on cutting edge research tools and technologies in AR/VR/MR for a leader in this space.
The Engineer will implement automation and system enhancements to provide stability and ease-of-use for end users. Configure networks, mobile devices (Android and iOS) and Linux-based PCs and servers (CentOS, Fedora and Ubuntu). Build, deploy and test experimental hardware prototypes and software.
- Build and maintain Fedora Linux image for application specific PCs which: meets security requirements, is optimized for low power consumption, and maximizes IO performance.
- Assist in root cause analysis of field failures and any Linux system compute related performance issues.
- Perform manual system level testing and verification under the direction of QA and hardware leads.
- Image, qualify, and deploy compute systems
- Manage automated software test lab under direction of QA lead
- In depth understanding of Linux system configuration and administration with a focus for optimizing for system stability and performance in IO heavy environments.
- QA SW test
- QA HW test & troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, performance profiling and tuning
- System interrupts and IO fundamentals
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python preferred) in addition to intermediate C++
- Proficient with networking; troubleshooting and configuring wired and wireless networks
- Exemplary troubleshooting skills coupled with data-driven analytic skills
- Able to work with disk images and automation (e.g. Kickstart PXE) to manage hardware provisioning
- Build, Deploy and/or Test experience
- Knowledge of build systems and deployment best-practices
- Works well in a research environment: i.e. constantly shifting priorities, ambiguous direction
- Work with users to root cause complex issues and gather feature & bug feedback
- Able to work alone and with multiple teams to provide support of prototype hard and software
- Scripting of administrative tasks and system automation
- Able to troubleshoot remotely, with end-user support
- Thorough and high attention to detail
- Data-driven and analytic skills
About Q Analysts
Join Q Analysts and become part of a world-class organization. Q Analysts has a sixteen-years track record of providing managed services and we've partnered with some of the world's best companies to deliver services that exceed expectations. Q Analysts provides industry-leading managed services that drive Quality for Quality Assurance and Testing of hardware devices, software apps and experiences as well as Ground Truth Data Services for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).
Q Analysts is headquartered in San Jose, CA with a presence throughout the US and internationally. The company has been recognized repeatedly for its industry-leading growth rate and service quality. At Q Analysts, we listen to your needs and help you select what's right for you - this includes the right career opportunities, a choice of comprehensive benefits packages as well as technical training. When you become a Q Analysts employee, you'll see the difference in the superior levels of support and service we deliver to you, our partners, through our Consultant Experience Program. Learn about us here and come join us.