Manager, Ground Implementation, Project Kuiper
Have you ever wanted to become involved in the global rollout of satellite earth stations for a high performance satellite constellation. We are looking for an experienced satellite communications ground systems manager to lead Project Kuiper's ground gateway implementation project. You will develop the gateway installation processes, develop the team, and lead our worldwide effort install high performance gateways enabling low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Own the gateway terminal installation program and team to deliver installed terminals at hundred's of sites globally
· Synthesize, manage, and refine terminal installation and rollout plans and ensure alignment across the stakeholder team.
· Engage with industry leading partners to execute our installation strategy.
· Manage tactical interactions with partners to ensure milestones, deliverables, and technical artifacts are technically compliant with project objectives and programmatic requirements.
· Work with stakeholder teams to deliver terminals in sync with infrastructure services delivery goals.
· Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control.
· Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
· Relentlessly simplify and innovate to solve challenging project management problems.
· Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
As Manager, Ground Implementation you will be a member of the team actively engaged in developing Kuiper’s Ground systems. These systems provide mission critical communications with Kuiper satellites. Our systems include state of art tracking antennas, modems, and innovative supporting systems. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to develop, qualify, produce, and globally deploy innovative solutions and products enabling Kuiper’s global network.
· 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture or system development.
· 4+ years of work experience in project management of earth station installations and/or deployments
· Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
· Master’s or advanced degree.
· Experience managing projects among cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating delivery schedules.
· Direct experience with satellite communications earth stations or network development, deployment, and operation
· Ka-band experience in as related to earth station infrastructure
· Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a highly motivated team who insists on the highest standards and deliver systems which delight customers
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint)
· Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
· LEO and/or MEO satellite systems experience.
· Expertise with program management tools (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Confluence, JIRA).
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex software/hardware projects.
· Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with resources and internal or external customers.
· Technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge statements and assumptions working with respective technology owners.
· Ability to drive projects with many cross-dependencies between independent teams and deliver results that are coherent and broadly supported.
· Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.