DSP FPGA Engineer
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in distributed systems and hardware design.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Key job responsibilities
You will create FPGA solutions to support Amazon Project Kuiper’s satellite communication system. The DSP FPGA design engineer will work with systems teams to define/develop/implement/test/release FPGA based solutions to enable Project Kuiper. This will focus on creating digital designs for networking functions using the latest generations of FPGA technologies and modern FPGA design processes and tools.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
A day in the life
In this role you will:
- Plan, architect, develop, and use configurable, self-checking VHDL/Verilog code and synthesis implemented in Xilinx Vivado
- Develop constrained-random, metric-driven test plans and strategies to verify FPGAs performing signal processing and control functions
- Collect and analyze coverage metrics, then use that information to improve the effectiveness of test vectors
- Enhance your leadership skills while leading small to medium sized development teams
- Create reusable IP to be shared across the organization
- Drive changes to our process and methodologies
- Enhance your development skills as well as your knowledge of networking while working with subject matter experts
- Mentor engineers across multiple U.S. locations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience. A master's degree and three to five years of related experience will also be considered.
- Experience with design, implementation and verification of communication systems for FPGAs (e.g., DDC, Digital Filters, Demodulation, CORDIC, FFT, polyphase, CDR)
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, and HDL optimized Simulink models
- Experience with Xilinx Ultrascale and/or Versal FPGA families
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog design entry, constraint, simulation, and synthesis tools
- Experience with debug and verification of FPGA based systems using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with Matlab filter design
- Experience working with Xilinx Vivado
- Experience in communication theory
- Experience in wired/wireless networking protocols and interfaces
•Experience in high speed ADC, calibration algorithms and coherent DSP architectures
- Experience in high speed characterization of devices, electrical probe stations, operation of high speed and high frequency test equipment, such as BER test equipment, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and high-speed oscilloscopes
- Experience with lasers, detectors, modulators, modems, optical fiber and devices
- PhD Degree in Physics, Electronics, or Communication Engineering
- Ability to provide thought leadership and key input on new initiatives as well as on programs underway
- Ability to regularly engage with stake holders and influence across the organization
- Ability to evaluate technical trade-off
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.