CNC Machinist, Project Kuiper
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Key job responsibilities
· Setup 3, 4 and 5 axis machining centers
· Perform in process part inspection using micrometers, calipers, height gages and on machine probing.
· Provide feedback to programmers and management for process improvements
· Make necessary adjustments to offsets and maintain part quality throughout the run.
· Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
· Experience with a variety of materials (aluminum, stainless steels, titanium and nickel based alloys)
· Experience proving out first article NC programs
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
The CNC Machinist will work closely with programmers, engineers and machining shop management to outline, develop and optimize new machining and manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in setting up and machining tight tolerance aerospace components. The desired candidate will have experience in a fast paced machining environment and will have the ability to respond quickly to interruptions and requests to support test teams.
About the team
The Kuiper machine shop provides development fabrication capabilities as well as future production machining. These operations occur in our Redmond facilities.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced, start-up like environment. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of execution.
· 3+ years of machine shop experience operating CNC equipment (multi-axis mills, lathes, routers…).
· 3+ years of experience with GD&T
· 3+ years experience machining tight tolerance, high value components
· Demonstrated analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with AS9100 Quality Management System
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.