Follett Book Fairs is looking for customer service orientated Drivers to join our quickly growing team. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery and pickup of books and supplies that create strong, independent readers who excel in school and life.
You will deliver and pickup at schools in city, suburban and rural locations during standard business hours, returning home same day. Your typical work week will be Monday through Friday. Pickup and delivery require loading and unloading of company trucks at Follett Facilities and schools, utilizing all safety procedures during this process. You will obtain your daily manifest and inspect your truck and equipment prior to leaving the facility.
These fulltime positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous discount program, and company matching 401k.
All Drivers will be given proper equipment including uniforms and must maintain a professional appearance. Follett Book Fairs Drivers adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal rules and regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with supervisor to deliver and pickup fairs in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Adhere to the routes that are planned by the Routing Coordinator
- Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service standards are maintained
- Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical devices
- Inside delivery and pickup of product from schools, as scheduled, in a courteous and professional manner
- Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork as required
- Adhere to all Company, local, state and federal rules/regulations inclusive of but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc
- Outstanding customer service skills a must
- High School Diploma or GED certificate required
- 1 year verifiable commercial driving experience required
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid CDL license with air brake endorsement
- Ability to pass a drug/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background review, and DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of the job can be performed
- Ability to drive a vehicle weighing up to 33,000 GVW
- Ability to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, and occasionally climb
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs
- Ability to push & handle rolling book cases weighing up to 400 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Ability to transport boxes of books weighing between 25-100 lbs up and down stairs with provided equipment
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions
- Some overtime, weekend, and overnight availability occasionally required
- Good verbal/written communication, math and reading skills required