Requisition Number: ASSOC01047
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative, Twelve (12) months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
DATE AVAILABLE: July 1, 2021
Introductory Period: Twelve (12) months
POSTING DATE: February 11, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Associate Dean works closely with the Dean in leading the internal operations for the ACBSP-accredited School of Business at the University of Redlands. The University of Redlands is a private, independent liberal arts university founded in 1907. The School of Business has been providing graduate and undergraduate degrees to California professionals for over 40 years and currently has approximately 1,200 students in the MBA, MSOL, MSBA graduate programs, and an undergraduate BS (degree completion) program. There are currently eight regional campus locations, including the Redlands campus as well as Burbank, Temecula, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, San Diego, Orange County, and Marin campuses. Programs are designed to offer practical, real-world insights into the issues that are shaping the modern business sector. On-ground and Hybrid Classes meet in the evening, once or twice weekly, and sometimes on Saturdays.
The Associate Dean of Academic Operations for the School of Business is a full-time administrative position that reports directly to the Dean. The Associate Dean provides leadership for the achievement of excellence in the myriad operational responsibilities associated with achieving the teaching and learning objectives of the school and in alignment ACBSP standards. Working with the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Programs, Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives, Director of Student Success and Director of Campus Services, the Associate Dean of Operations is responsible for managing the day-to-day academic activities of the School of Business. This position oversees curriculum management, recruitment and evaluation of faculty and staff, policy development, resolution of student issues, and maintenance of ACBSP accreditation.
The duties of the Associate Dean include (but are not limited to):
- Manages the scheduling of courses and supervision of the part-time faculty.
- Manages the scheduling of courses for full-time faculty.
- Manages with the Director of Student Success the School’s Student Success Team.
- Manages with the Director of Campus Services the university’s regional campuses.
- Serves as the Dean’s representative on the Academic Review Board.
- Serves as the Dean’s representative on the University Commencement Committee.
- Serves on the Academic Planning and Oversight Committee.
- Oversees the School’s Academic Honesty Process.
- Serves as the ACBSP “Champion” for the School of Business.
- Oversees with the Director of Student Success, the Whitehead Leadership Society.
- Oversees Study Abroad and International Student Orientation
- Advisor to the International Business Honor Society, Delta Mu Delta.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
- Experience in higher education, specifically knowledge in student affairs, retention, advising, co-curriculum, best practices in student successes/retentions, graduation policies and requirements, academic honesty and integrity, university’s academic operations, and trend in business education and higher education.
- Experience in higher education, specifically knowledge of curriculum, current standards, practices, and trends in business education.
- Experience in managing operations, including across multiple campuses/locations.
- Ability to facilitate positive relationships and deal equitably with faculty, staff, and students (current and alumni).
- Generate productive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Adhering to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior.
- Process information with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Identify complex problems and review information to develop and evaluate options and solutions.
- Ability to interpret academic program requirements and provide advice to student support staff.
- Ability to train and supervise employees.
This position coordinates with other University offices responsible for contributing to the School’s success; this includes but not limited to: Registrar Office, Graduate & Professional Enrollment, University Communications, Development, Alumni Relations, and Office of Career and Professional Education.
Direct reports: Director of Student Success, Director of Campus Services, Project Specialist(s), Transcription Specialist/Re-Entry Analyst, Adjunct Faculty.
Entry into the applicant pool requires a master’s degree in a business field or field closely related to business from an accredited institution, plus 6-8 years of administrative experience in higher education related to the duties and competencies of the Associate Dean position. Preferred qualifications: experience with ACBSP accreditation, assessment, and teaching or administering online, hybrid, or other non-traditional course delivery formats; doctorate degree in business field or field closely related to business from an accredited institution. A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and reliable vehicle is required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER