For more than 70 years, Mercy Medical Center Redding has offered comprehensive health care in the North State, providing acute care and a full range of medical services. The 267-bed hospital offers major medical services including a Level II Trauma Center as well as specialized Cardiovascular Care, Stroke Care, Orthopedics, Neurological Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Care, Maternity Care, and da Vinci Robotic Surgery. It is the sole provider of obstetrical services, along with the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Shasta County. In addition, the hospital's network of care includes Mercy Home Health and Hospice and Dignity Health Connected Living. Mercy Medical Center Redding is a member of the Dignity Health system and is a sister facility to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. As one of the area's largest non-profit employers, we are proud to give back to the community by providing many programs and services to benefit overall health.
The incumbent is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a patient assignment through therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, and other health care team members. The incumbent, as a member of the health care team appropriately assists team members in providing holistic care to patients and their support systems with an awareness of cost containment and time management.
Please note - this is not a new grad RN opportunity
- Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1 year recent acute care hospital experience and/or previous nursing practice experience
- Current California RN license required
- Verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)
- If operationally able, will consider training opportunities for those with less than 1 year of acute care experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing preferred
CALL MAY BE REQUIRED