Registered Nurse (RN) - Med/Surg/PCU - Rotating Shifts
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. Youll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
All newly graduated Registered Nurses with less than 12 months of practice experience, hired into a scheduled FTE Registered Nurse position are automatically enrolled in the Nurse Residency Program. A separate application or enrollment process is not required. All nurses new to Mayo Clinic, regardless of experience, will receive an extensive orientation program.
The registered nurse (RN):
- is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- will function within the Mayo Nursing Care Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
- provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
Student or graduate of a nursing program.
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start date of April 1, 2020 and after must provide documented evidence of program completion of their baccalaureate degree in nursing within five years from the last day of the month of their RN start date.
All entry-level associate degree registered nurses with a RN start date prior to April 1, 2020 must provide documented evidence of program completion of their baccalaureate degree in nursing program as stipulated by the degree requirement program in place at time of hire.
One year of RN experience in an applicable care setting or one year of current LPN experience at Mayo Clinic is preferred.
Previous ICU/PCU RN experience preferred.
License or Certification:
Current MN RN license
Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
ECG and ACLS Certifications preferred at time of hire.
Applicant will obtain ECG certification within 3 months of hire and ACLS within 6 months of hire.
Compensation range is $36.22 -$58.35 / hour based upon union contract.
8 & 12 Hour Rotating Day/Night Shifts; Holiday Rotation. This position will be posted a minimum of 7 days (9/18/23 - 9/25/23).
Just as our reputation has spread beyond our Minnesota roots, so have our locations. Today, our employees are located at our three major campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, Jacksonville, Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and at Mayo Clinic Health System campuses throughout Midwestern communities, and at our international locations. Each Mayo Clinic location is a special place where our employees thrive in both their work and personal lives. Learn more about what each unique Mayo Clinic campus has to offer, and where your best fit is.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.