JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
Manages daily operations activities for all school bus transportation services as required by service needs and business contracts. Manages and directs activities of supervisors, transportation assistants, office staff, drivers and aides. This position requires a flexible work schedule and on-call responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support the Krapf Bus Companies vision and mission in all activities.
· Accept and demonstrate the Krapf Core Values of commitment, open communication, respect and excellent service.
· Assist the Presidents and the Executive Management Team in providing leadership for all business functions.
· Assist the Presidents and the Executive Management Team in providing positive representation of the Krapf organization within the transportation industry; with customers; within the local, state, national and international communities; and in the financial and legal realms.
· Assist the Presidents and the Executive Management Team in developing and implementing policies to support financial, operational and risk management goals.
· Comply with all Company employment policies and safety and substance abuse prevention policies.
· Implement school bus marketing strategies and programs, forecasting, budgeting, resourcing and monitoring functions.
· Oversee coordination of dispatch activities, communication operations, and assignment of drivers to ensure optimum use of facilities, equipment, and personnel.
· Review and analyze expenditure, financial and operation reports and determine need for service changes and make appropriate recommendations to the President.
· Assist with the development of division budget, implement approved budget, and control expenses within budget guidelines.
· Ensure efficient operation of school district routes and schedules to reach or exceed customer service goals and revenue targets.
· Ensure compliance with state school bus regulations, training requirements, administrative policies, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
· Improve and maintain positive customer relations with current and prospective school districts.
· Complete all required reports in a timely manner.
· Direct investigations into causes of customer complaints and responds accordingly.
· Manage record keeping requirements.
· Implement and maintain all billing and invoicing in compliance with contract requirements.
· Serve as liaison between the Company, school districts, contractors, agencies, end users, and representatives of end users, to ensure customer satisfaction and system compliance.
· Attend meetings as required of contracts.
· Consult with President and Human Resources Department to ensure consistent application of company policies and practices.
· Provide input with the revision and provision of driver training programs to enhance customer service, ensure customer satisfaction, and encourage safety and driver retention.
· Oversee the gathering of information concerning complaints, accidents and incidents in accordance with contract compliance. Provide follow up with employee(s) after a determination has been made.
· Enforce performance improvement plans and/or discipline, as appropriate.
· Direct all daily operational activities within the scope of transportation regulations, contractual compliance, and customer satisfaction.
· Address employee performance and personnel issues within the guidelines of company policy and practices focusing on the areas of driver operation, dispatch and scheduling.
· Proactively support and enforce safe work procedures and practices to meet or exceed company risk management goals.
· Oversee performance of all school bus locations to meet division and corporate goals in accordance with the division’s current budget and service level objectives.
· Oversee retention of records, reports and supervision of all technology systems.
· Perform all other tasks, including project management, required to support efficient daily operations and other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· College degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience preferably in the transportation field.
· Minimum of 2-5 years supervisory experience, preferably in passenger transportation services.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Valid CDL license and School Bus Endorsement or the willingness to obtain one.
· Computer literacy including formatting of spreadsheets, typing of letters/memos, tracking data and generating reports.
· Ability to use or learn to use reservation, scheduling, and dispatch software
· Integrity and the ability to handle confidential information.
· Ability to handle difficult situations professionally and in a non-confrontational manner.
· Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to manage people to ensure maximum productivity and teamwork.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including on-call responsibility.
· Experience in accident/incident investigation.
· Experience in providing training as required by the business.
· Ability to successfully complete any required training and certification.
Overview of Krapf Bus Companies:
Krapf Bus Companies Vision: We will provide the best passenger transportation anytime, anywhere. Krapf is serious about service and safety. We are one of the largest private, family-owned school bus contractors in the U.S. In addition, Krapf has transit, paratransit and charter lines of business. Founded in 1942 with two employees, Krapf has grown to thousands of employees in multiple states.