District Execution Managers (DEMs) are responsible for overseeing the successful implementation and execution of all Merchandising Services activities within their district of assigned retail stores. This includes General Service Guidelines, Projects, Resets, and other assigned services. They are responsible for communication with their customers which include the District Manager and the key point of contact for Suppliers in their assigned market.
DEMs are accountable for the overall performance of teams of managers, supervisors and associates that operate during the day and at night. These teams create an inviting shopping environment and enhance the customer experience by ensuring merchandising strategies and programs are executed successfully, as directed by the Regional Director Merchandising Execution (RDME) and Merchandising Services organization.
DEMs are accountable for hiring, training, and conducting performance reviews for their direct reports and are accountable for the activities for those associates. They are accountable for the teams' metrics and expectations including safety, quality, productivity, completion of assigned projects. DEMs are accountable for budgeting of the team, including overtime, payroll, and other expenses.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% - Coach and mentor direct reports and provide ongoing perf feedback; Provide guidance, set priorities, and assist with assigned tasks; Ensure execution of staffing, training, rewards and recognition
30% - Attend District meetings to communicate service metrics and other information; Monitor Managers participation in SSC led captainship program; Responsible for communicating and follow up on merchandising issues
15% - Utilize regional captainship program to identify and resolve local and national issues; Utilize interactive reporting to pull key merchandising and operational reports
30% - Set and communicate expectations; Conduct store visits and monitor reports across day and night teams; Accountable for team's key deliverables; Provide direction on merchandising activities and special projects; Hold Team accountable for expenses
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Regional Director of MET Execution
Position has 100 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Travel between locations required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Must have a valid state driver's license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Requires daily non-overnight travel up to 100% of the time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of HRIS software (e.g., IBM Kenexa, PeopleFluent, Tesseract)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to convey complex or technical ideas and processes in easy-to-understand terms to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in the retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer with multilocation responsibility
- Ability to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data using web- based programs and handheld devices
- Merchandising background
- Project Management Experience
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience of large teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Decision Quality
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results