Are you looking for a job where you can grow, have an adjustable schedule, and have a supportive team behind you? Mission Healthcare is the company to give you that flexibility youre looking for! Mission Healthcare is a company that takes pride in putting their employees needs first. Employee happiness is key to work in a healthy harmonious environment and to ensure quality patient care.In 2018 we won The Pursuing Purpose Award, we take much pride and responsibility with receiving such an honorary award. One of our biggest motivators is to let our employees know they are making a positive difference in other peoples lives and that their jobs matter to not only the company but the rest of the world. Your voice is very important to our company. Come work for Mission Healthcare and see what Mission Healthcare can do for you!
Service Line: Home Health
Job Title/Position: Speech-Language Pathologist
Reports To: Branch Director /Director of Therapy Services
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patients function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per agency policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient/family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patients treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech-language therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
- Possesses a degree which includes an internship from an approved Masters program in Speech-Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Is certified to practice Speech-Language Pathology.
- A minimum of one year's clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.