'RN-Service Group Supervisor Surgery Main'
Rancho Mirage, CA
THIS IS FOR MAIN OR-ORTHOPEDIC SUPERVISOR
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- In coordination with the Director, the Service Group Supervisor manages the service group's day-to-day and daily clinical operations, including practice standards, overall room activity, staffing, budgets and quality improvement.
- Reports to
- Director of Surgical Services
- RNs, Surgical Technologists, OR Aides
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Required: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire, if hired after July 1, 2012.
- Required: California RN license; American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred:CNOR, ACLS, PALS
- Required: Minimum five years experience as an operating room clinical practitioner
- Preferred: Minimum one year supervisory experience. Minimum five years experience in scrubbing and circulating.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Motivates and manages assigned service line nurses, techs, and operating room aides (ORAs).
- Manages the service group's day-to-day and daily clinical operations, including practice standards, overall room activity, staffing, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement, in coordination with the Director.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development.
- Plans and monitors service group goals.
- Hires, evaluates, and counsels service group personnel in coordination with the Director.
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Provides break and lunch relief and backup for infrequent lost staff situations.
- Makes room assignments appropriate to the skill level of service group team members, in collaboration with the control desk supervisor.
- Manages daily schedule of assigned rooms.
- Identifies and coordinates the needs of service group physicians through formal and informal meetings.
- Collaborates with service group team members to ensure all necessary equipment and supplies are available for their cases.
- Oversees operating room schedule time compliance and controls the turnover time process through oversight, management, and use of case time and case turnover reports.
- Assists with managing and controlling service group expenditures within established budgets.
- Assures service group preference cards are developed and maintained.
- Participates in hospital safety programs.
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and maintains increased case volume and surgeon satisfaction programs.
- Promotes patient and patient family satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as needed.