Our Instructors work to change the world, one life at a time, by helping students reach their dreams through education. Our Instructors provide coaching, technical expertise and encouragement while allowing students structured opportunities to develop their own proficiency. One should enjoy making connections and building rapport with others in a fast-paced, collaborative, hands-on environment.
Effective presentation skills are vital in this role, as well as the ability to ensure standards and goals are met in a given timeframe. Therefore, planning and problem-solving skills are both essential for success in this position. The ideal candidate will also act with our students in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with students to gain their trust and respect.
- Help students realize their dreams by organizing and delivering class objectives in a clear, concise manner; maintaining an orderly, controlled, and safe environment for our students in classrooms and labs; ensuring training aids, tools, and equipment are maintained and prepared for use in the classroom and lab; supervising and holding students accountable while promoting learning, participation, motivation, and professionalism; testing, evaluating, and communicating performance and progress with students, supervisors, and other departments in a timely and accurate manner; and maintaining curriculum accuracy by keeping up-to-date on the industry.
- Ensures UTI is legitimate in our operations by following the compliance related responsibilities for this position in the supplemental document.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- High School diploma/GED & 3 years hands on technician experience
- ASE Certifications as required.
- Must meet ACCSC standards for instructors, achieve and maintain required technical certifications and state specific licensing requirements as a condition of employment.
- Computer skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- People development and instructional skills and abilities
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
- Motivated and professional, with a positive attitude
- Technical expertise
- Must be able to instruct two consecutive courses per workday; amount of hours will vary based on campus location and program (applies to campuses with ADT II curriculum)
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds for short periods of time during the workday
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for very short periods of time during the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Work is performed primarily indoors often in a climate controlled environment.
- Work is performed near or with moving mechanical parts
- Short periods of limited exposure to non-hazardous levels of fumes or airborne particles.