At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Financial Systems Analyst to join the Financial Effectiveness group.
Finance effectiveness team members are experts in Business Process Analysis, Financial Systems Solutions, and Project Management. We evaluate and implement solutions for Systems, Processes, Controls and leverage best practices and innovation in a modern analytics platform. Our clients include our Finance, Investment Management and Distribution. Our mission is to provide optimal solutions that instill trust and confidence in the financial results for Franklin Templeton Investments.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Financial Systems Analyst?
System administration and subject matter expertise
- Support and maintain critical business systems that drive Finance operations and results.
- Perform system administration of Business Intelligence systems including user security and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain routine and non-routine reports and dashboards of intermediate to complex scope using multiple reporting systems and technology tools.
- Coordinate and maintain working relationships between Finance and Technology teams to resolve application and infrastructure issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise on assigned systems or areas.
- Interpret reports, providing analytical commentary and recommendation for change.
- Act as busines unit liaison with other business units.
Technology expertise and process improvement
- Act as technical expert supporting internal clients with developing and creating meaningful visualization within interactive dashboards.
- Drive continuous process improvements through automation, system enhancements, data quality and consolidation of redundant processes.
- Display the ability to create and streamline processes and reports related to projects assigned and respond to ad hoc requests.
Research, recommend and implement workflow efficiencies.
- Proactively identify and resolve accounting and financial systems issues related to system implementations, integrations, or malfunctions.
- Assist with defining, managing, and ensuring an adequate information trust model, controls for master data and metadata management, including reference data.
- Ensure that the data used for financial reporting and to support business requirements is valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent. Also, ensure that business reports derived from controlled data are consistent and representative of the true state of the business.
- Research and document business issues involving workflow procedures and processes.
- Gather comprehensive information to be used in problem identification and resolution.
- Analyze data and work with management to develop and create solutions.
- Develop new procedure documentation in support of new process, products or system enhancements.
- Develop and perform test plans to validate system enhancements.
- Create business requirement documents and specifications.
- Coordinate recommended process changes to ensure successful implementation.
- Discuss proposed system enhancements and modifications with information technology staff.
- Provide post-implementation support for all approved deliverables.
- Support new procedures while documenting new process, products or system enhancements that affect the team.
- Provide end-user systems support and training.
- Participate and lead meetings to gather and document requirements or business challenges then work towards solutions.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting, financial analysis or information technology
- Hands-on experience with any Financial ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, or Workday
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools such as Cognos Business Intelligence, Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Strong use of databases / technology skills to research and solve problems
- Have a solid understanding of the reporting research process and able to recommend and implement workflow
- Demonstrates an intermediate ability to perform mathematical calculations and analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence internal customers and business partners
- Microsoft Office skills:
- Advanced: Excel, Word
- Intermediate: Access, SQL, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedules
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to improve business processes/information flow in the organization.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com. In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.