Staples focuses on our customer and our community. As an Inventory Specialist, you'll provide an exceptional customer experience through maintaining accurate inventory controls within the store. You will coach other team members to ensure accuracy of inventory and proper back room operations.
We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. You will be positive, inclusive and collaborative in helping our customers. You will also be part of a fun, team-oriented retail culture at Staples.
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Flexible full-time hours/shifts and generous paid time off; hiring immediately
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance and many more benefits; full-time associates also eligible for medical and long-term disability insurance
Provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Respond quickly to customer requests and concerns
- Create a positive, inviting environment for customers and maintain a neat and clean store
- Understand and use basic selling skills to engage and present solutions
Play an active role in helping both your store and your customer win.
- Process inventory controls such as return to vendor or return to warehouse
- Ensure back of house operations and truck process are consistent to company standards to maintain stock levels
- Be flexible in performing various responsibilities (i.e. reserving online pick-ups, returns, cashier, other duties as assigned)
- Adhere to all company policies procedures & safety standards
Essential skills and experience:
- Able to work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
- Must be able to engage with customers and help them with their needs
- Collaborate and work with other team members
- High attention to detail; ability to juggle many priorities and manage execution
- Ability to lift/move materials up to the 100 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
- Staples does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Preferred skills and experience:
- Customer service or cashier experience in a retail environment
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.