Experience managing VDC initiatives and projects across multiple disciplines, supporting company virtual design and construction (VDC) initiatives, including building information modeling (BIM) process, BIM execution planning, cost estimate support, and 4D scheduling.
- Help develop best practices to influence corporate VDC policies and strategies throughout all service lines
- Support and manage VDC engagement on assigned projects
- Manage VDC document and data storage structure
- Help with development of VDC related software and hardware advancements and the implementation
- Create VDC content to support all phases of a project
- Generate usable models and collaborate with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and the MBP technical team
- Conduct clash detection analysis, constructibility reviews, system quantity take off, scheduling, document management, RFI's, submittals, and record documents and training others on the same
- Develop photo renderings and animated walk-throughs from the building model
- Train and mentor MBP technical team members for their involvement with BIM
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering, or similar degree. Up to five years BIM related design and/or construction experience, including drafting, design, or BIM construction coordination experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to handle multiple, on-going complex projects. Occasional travel required to other offices/project sites to coordinate, manage and implement VDC initiatives. Must demonstrate competence in model management to support various phases of a project in a multitude of software platforms, including Autodesk's Navisworks, Revit, BIM 360 Glue and Field, and AutoCAD.
- Assignments are generally received from Senior Engineer, Construction Manager or Project Manager.
- Ability to work independently seeking periodic guidance and direction.
- Public and client interface.
May supervise technical or support staff on individual project assignments.
MBP is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability