Goodway Group is #3 on AdAge's Best Places to Work!
Fully remote for 12+ years, Goodway has an award-winning virtual culture, and is growing! This position can be located anywhere in the United States!
- 2021 Ad Age Best Places to Work
- 2020 Finalist Digiday Worklife Awards
- 2020 AdExchanger Programmatic Power Player
- 2020 MarTech breakthrough awards
Who We Are
Goodway is on a mission to solve the most challenging business problems by offering a suite of proprietary digital marketing technologies and solutions. Our AdTech, AI, and data analytics capabilities intersect to create actionable insights and drive measurable results for our clients. We pair our offerings with strong consultative mindsets, heightened critical thinking, and white-glove service.
Who You Are:
- You have demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, using metrics to drive business cases.
- Digital advertising knowledge required; programmatic and ad-tech experience desired.
- A bachelor’s degree required, computer science or business-related degree highly desired.
- You have a working knowledge of SQL (various flavors), Microsoft Excel, and Product Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.)
- You have a working knowledge of data warehouses and the principles behind API and service design
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a technology-oriented Product Management role.
- Preferably, you have experience working in a B2B environment, particularly in a company with a services + product offering.
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products
- You have experience in Agile software development environments highly desired, particularly with Scrum
- Prior experience in relevant project management software (e.g. JIRA, Pivotal, Rally, etc.) highly desired
- You have worked on data and/or service-centric products, such as data warehouses or feeds, APIs, and/or SDKs
- Passionate: You believe in the value that Product Management brings and are excited to use your skills to drive that value. You treat Product Management as a craft that should be constantly refined.
- Collaborative Nature: You are skilled at developing cross-functional relationships with your stakeholders and working collaboratively to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Outcome Focused: You focus on the outcomes that your work drives, not just the work itself. You want to drive business impact with the products you deliver.
- Driven by Curiosity: You’re curious and inquisitive, constantly trying to understand the “why” behind things, developing and testing hypotheses to help you understand more
- Strong Communicator: You’re able to communicate clearly and precisely across a diverse set of audiences
- Continuous Improvement: You are continuously learning and evolving, adapting to shifting market, organizational, and professional dynamics. You seek and act on feedback to help you improve.
- Drive Excellence: You have strong time-management skills; constantly prioritizing and executing the highest-leverage work
What You’ll Do:
As the Technical Product Manager, you will be a team leader that balances the strategic and day-to-day priorities of your product focus area to drive innovation in digital marketing. You will collaborate with the entire Goodway team – from the President to our talented engineering teams – to ensure we are building the right products for the right customers and users at the right time. You will leverage your combination of domain, industry, and organizational knowledge to deliver industry-leading technical products for both Goodway internal stakeholders and our clients. You will use your experience in software development methodologies to execute product roadmaps from conception to general availability launch.
The TPM is ultimately responsible for the successes and failures at all phases of the product lifecycle. Your most immediate priorities are outlined below, but may change based on business needs.
In your first 90 days:
- Learning and Discovery: You will build connections with your team, and cross-functional stakeholders, learning how Goodway operates and the products we manage. You will discover opportunities for your product focus and begin considering potential roadmap directions.
- Becoming the Leader: You take the reins for the day-to-day execution of the product roadmap – collaborating with engineers and stakeholders for feature delivery based on the defined product roadmap.
In your first 6 months:
- Own & Impact: You will drive the development of your product focus area’s roadmap in collaboration with your manager:
- You will begin to understand and develop empathy for key user and customer challenges to define products and feature enhancements
- You will lead relevant stakeholder discussions to discover and develop product scope and alignment
- You will prioritize a roadmap that focuses on delivering relevant business outcomes and lead the team to deliv ering on that roadmap.
- Product Evangelism: You will be the biggest advocate for the products your team develops. You will work with Sales, Marketing, and Operational stakeholders to drive adoption and growth of your products.
- Learn & Iterate: You will use a variety of techniques when relevant to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality product outcomes, such as:
- User feedback and testing techniques (usability testing, focus groups, etc.) to learn and iterate
- Lean principles for hypothesis design, MVP development, testing, learning, and iteration
At 12 months:
- Be Customer Focused: You will be seen as the domain expert. Your team and cross-functional stakeholders will turn to you first for answers about customer challenges and needs.
- Be the Driver: You will be the primary driver of your product focus area’s roadmap. You will discover the opportunities (via internal research, market research, and customer discovery), coordinate with stakeholders, and develop the business cases as you build your roadmap in collaboration with your manager.
- Industry Expertise: You will be an expert in the Digital Marketing industry – understanding trends and developing a POV that guides your team and informs your decisions.
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours
- Twice per year we gather together to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events. There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs
- We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. Did we miss anything?