Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need:
As the Systems Engineer Intern with Bandwidth Systems Infrastructure Team. We're looking for a passionate Linux enthusiast who is hungry for experience building highly scalable and reliable foundational infrastructure. We're seeking somebody who loves building things, loves learning, and aspires to be a great engineer at Bandwidth into the future.
What You'll Do:
- Get exposure to operating and maintaining Bandwidth's mission-critical infrastructure and ancillary components.
- Work closely with development and network engineering teams to fulfill infrastructure operational needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues in an end-to-end manner, from the customer/client service interface through the back-end server-side systems.
- Find a manual process that creates a toil for the team and automates it.
- Pick a technical subject relevant to the team that you want to dive deeper into and present a tech talk on it.
- Take part in a project from start to finish in order to experience planning, prioritization, execution, and verification of deliver.
What You'll Need:
- Experience with Linux.
- Interest in virtualization technologies such as Red Hat Virtualization.
- Interest or experience in automation and orchestration tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Interest in enterprise storage.
- Interest in designing, implementing and maintaining highly available and secure systems.
A Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.“ We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You're guaranteed to be given “work that matters.“ If you ain't feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- As a member of our intern program, you'll obviously gain some great professional experience. You'll also be part of our intern community, collaborating with other interns from across the company on service projects, fun outings, and training designed to educate you on Bandwidth's business.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and cardio equipment on the second floor.
Employee and Applicant Privacy Notice