Storable is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our Payment Services Quality Engineering team. You will partner with product management and engineering to deliver quality features. This is a key role in advancing Storable's test automation strategy for payment services components. At Storable, Quality Engineering is considered a first-class citizen in the product development process – if you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line in an agile environment, this is the place for you.
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That's why we've built the industry's first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
What you'll do:
- You will work directly with Product Owners and Architects to define quality bars. In addition you will build quality/test plans that define product level testing and guide the development of automated test cases by scrum teams.
- Partake in quality processes and outcomes in cooperation with other teams (scrum masters, product managers, dev ops engineers, and developers) to build test infrastructure and integrate automated tests and test tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Interface with Product Owners and Product Managers to clarify user stories, iron out ambiguities, document and automate acceptance tests.
- Validate E2E customer and user scenarios by identifying, integrating and developing tests.
- In this role you will contribute and mentor at all levels of testing (functional, automation, and unit), partnering with development to design in testability and drive increased test coverage.
- Participate in continuous iterative process improvements around design, implementation, and testing to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Continually move quality to the left.
- Actively participating as a member of an agile team in a Scrum environment representing Quality Engineering.
- Serve as a quality expert within the team.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively within the squad, across our technology team, and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities.
What you'll need:
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years hands-on quality engineering experience in a fast-paced QE role working on web-based or SaaS products
- Hands-on experience with modern commercial and open source test automation frameworks and tools, e.g. unit, API/Services and UI test automation frameworks like Junit, Mocha, Jasmine, TestNG, FitNesse, SOAP UI, Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium
- 3+ years of Software engineering (automation)/development experience
- Proficiency in Java or another object-oriented language
- Proficiency using SQL to query data, preferably in MS SQL
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and agile testing techniques
- Familiarity with modern cloud and DevOps oriented test tools, technologies, and analytics
- Experience with deployment methodologies such as CI/CD (to improve productivity)
- Experience with test-related aspects of Configuration Management including Agile Scrum
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills
- Consistent track record of successfully delivering high quality for large-scale web-based projects
- Ability to translate requirements into appropriate test plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing an ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Acute sense of ownership and the resolve to dig deeper into product and technical issues
- A self starter with the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently problem solve and produce results
- Experience with Postman
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short and long term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a 'take what you need' vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Unlimited snacks, Our break areas stocked to the brim with cereal, snacks, La Croix, soda, Red Bull, coffee, and more to keep you going throughout the day.
- We're dog friendly! Bring your pooch to work at any of our offices.
- Enjoy weekly catered lunches and chef-made meals at the office.
- Take a break and play foosball, Nintendo 64, ping pong, shuffleboard, pinball, or darts in our spacious cafeterias and break rooms.
- Get active in the community by joining one of our many quarterly offsite volunteer and community service events.
- Fun company events, including Halloween costume contests, ugly sweater competitions, baseball game outings, ice cream socials, food trucks, and more.
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.