Mirantis is adding a Senior Legal Counsel member to our team! As an experienced mid-to-senior level in house counsel you will be working closely with Mirantis' Head of Legal and legal team advising on a wide range of matters across the company, both US and international, in areas such as commercial transactions, open source, intellectual property, corporate, employment, and more. As a key member of the Mirantis legal team you will interface with all Mirantis team members to drive business results, manage risk, and help ensure compliance across all areas of the company. To do this you will need an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to think strategically, influence stakeholders, and enthusiastically get in the trenches and execute when things need to get done.
This is a unique opportunity to join Mirantis at a critically strategic time in its open source cloud journey.
- Draft, negotiate, revise, and review revenue contracts which may include licenses, reseller agreements, technology partnership, non-disclosure, IP issues, cloud-based services agreements, professional services agreements, and statements of work.
- Partner with sales, services, training, and product teams to help craft deals that conform with Mirantis practices and customer requirements while ensuring obligations are clearly documented.
- Work with product and engineering teams to create solutions for legal and non-legal issues.
- Advise and support employment and HR matters.
- Support corporate risk compliance programs and matters (e.g. export, data privacy, anti-corruption).
- Support financing and M&A transactions.
- Advise and support company expansion efforts.
- Coordinate with outside counsel to support corporate matters such as governance, board matters, financing, & equity.