Outside Sales Tech
Baker Roofing Company Outside Sales Tech
This is a unique opportunity to take control of and propel you along your career path. Baker Roofing invests in our employees by empowering success through a structured growth plan and intensive training courses. We value our employees by providing competitive benefits, prioritizing safety, and emphasizing work-life balance.
With more than 20 locations across the Southeast, Baker Roofing Company is an industry leader in providing an outstanding experience in commercial roofing, residential construction, metal fabrication, restoration, and more. We pride ourselves on over 100 years of quality work, investing in our employees, and providing a family-centered culture.
Apply today if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for!
Outside Sales Techs directly support service and reroof sales by performing roof top inspections, providing detailed tech reports, and supporting the sales process. These sales activities include but are not limited to roof plans, unusual details, core cuts to determine existing roof assembly, and providing photos and other necessary information as required by the customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The lists below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education: High School/G.E.D preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills
- Certifications: None required
- Driver License: Required
- Desire to be in sales
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute work assignments in a timely manner
- Interpersonal skills to work with others or on a team
- Ability to use and read various measuring devices
- Basic roof knowledge as to make temporary repairs to core cuts
- To be able to identify deficiencies
- Ability to develop solutions to deficiencies or problem situations
- To listen attentively to customers to follow the request and requirements while on each site
- Be able to criticize and make suggestions to the team and management
- Work long hours when necessary to complete job assignments
- Maintain and properly take care of vehicle and equipment
- Clean up debris from the roof surface and surrounding property
- Assist with the installation of vapor barriers and/or layers of insulation on the roof decks
- Cover exposed nail heads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage and rust
- Assist with the installation of partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces
- Assist with covering roofs and exterior walls of structures with metal, single-ply systems, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, and/or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, and other tools
- Operating vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
- Repair cracks, defects, or damage, using proper materials
- Apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Must be able to carry and load material and equipment in excess of 75 pounds
- Requires removing ladder from service trucks ladder rack
- Setting up ladder to safely access roofs for service evaluation
- Ability to climb ladders, stairways, and scaffolding
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, including exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Includes exposure to contaminants, hazardous material, or equipment
- Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences, therefore safety procedures need to be followed
- Requires exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Requires exposure to high places or dangerous conditions
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.