Founded over 40 years ago with a mission to provide the highest quality and full spectrum of medical, surgical, and esthetic skin care services to each and every one of its patients, Anne Arundel Dermatology has assembled the finest group of dermatologists in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states. With 250+ clinicians and 110+ locations across 7 states, we’re thriving, growing, and looking to add talented individuals to our team!
Why join Anne Arundel Dermatology?
We are committed to continual training and education for our physicians and staff. We are on top of the latest developments in dermatology including ongoing research, emerging treatments, new medications and prevention methods. You can find more than just a job with Anne Arundel Dermatology. We believe in providing our new associates with intensive hands on training and long-term career growth opportunities from within.
Anne Arundel Dermatology is currently looking for a medical assistant with a positive, can-do attitude, who consistently exhibits a passion for helping patients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Escort patients to and from the exam room and complete the patient intake according to protocol
- Clean and straighten exam room between patients
- Prepare syringes and administer subcutaneous and intra-muscular injections as directed by the physician
- Assist provider with injectable procedures
- Set-up, clean, sterilize and inventory all medical equipment and instruments, including procedure trays
- Prepare pathology and lab specimens and route them to the correct lab as required by the patient’s insurance
- Notify providers and patients of pathology and lab results
- Respond to patient questions in office and via phone as instructed by the physician
- Schedule or re-schedule appointments with providers, specialists as necessary. Send appropriate records as necessary
- Work in compliance with OSHA, blood borne pathogen standards
- Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA standards
- Maintain medication samples, discard out-of-date supplies, and keep appropriate records
- Document all medical instructions given to patients
- Prepare patients for laser procedures and/or fill liquid nitrogen canister
- Dispenses oral medications as directed
- Trains other employees on medical assistant duties as required by the practice
- Performs light janitorial duty including but not limited to, cleaning exam rooms in between patients, stocking paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning spills
- Assist with check in or check out procedures at the front desk when needed as back up
- Perform additional duties as required
- At least two (2) years medical assisting experience (preferred)
- Completion of a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant OR completion of a bachelor’s degree program in a pre-med or pre-physician’s assistant track (required)
- Knowledgeable of dermatological diseases and medicines OR the willingness and capacity to study and quickly learn
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to work well within a team
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills is a must
- Able to communicate with doctor clearly and concisely
- Able to communicate with patients and co-workers in a professional and friendly manner
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds, stand for prolonged periods (i.e. an hour at a time) and use a step stool