Field Application Scientist, Cellular Imaging and Analysis
Atlanta, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Trenton, Washington, D.C.
PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, successful and experienced field application scientist to scientifically represent our company. As a cellular imaging and analysis subject matter expert, you will be managing vital scientific relationships with users of our high content screening solutions. You will work collaboratively with a team of highly experienced scientists to give application-centric presentations, provide advanced instrument training and assist customers with experimental design and troubleshooting their imaging studies. If you like staying intellectually challenged and engaging with scientists in academia, biotech and pharma, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
What we provide
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better research outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,500 peer reviewed publications. The Field Applications Scientist team works in concert with our integrated sales team to provide the optimal PerkinElmer solution to meet the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio in the mid Atlantic and South East.
How you will contribute
- Support cellular imaging solution sales which can include presentations, and demonstrations of our instruments and software.
- Provide post sales application support and training.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of our high content imaging portfolio and scientific applications. Knowledge of imaging and analysis will be key to successful customer outcomes.
- Work closely with product managers, marketing teams and application teams to develop and maintain pre-sales and post-sales presentation and training material.
- Attend and present data at local tradeshows as requested.
- Help with lead generation for both commercial and academic accounts
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
What you'll bring to the table
- MS or PhD (preferred) in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience as a Field Application Scientist
- Proven track record of experience in cell based assays, imaging and molecular biology. Knowledge of fluorescence and confocal microscopy is ideal.
- Knowledge of broad range of high content imaging and analysis and applications is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness for 50-75% overnight travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.