Requisition Number: EXECF01556
An Executive Field Representative serves as the “eyes and ears” of the office staff, management, and Board of Directors by providing factual, first-hand information regarding conduct of dog shows, rule and policy compliance by dog clubs, and observations of judges' abilities.
This position will require frequent travel. Must have 25+ years experience in the Sport.
Essential duties and specific responsibilities include the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Attend assigned shows, club meetings, seminars/workshops, and annual staff meetings.
- Observe judging and provide meaningful reports on judges’ abilities. Discuss noted procedural shortcomings with judges; provide documentation of discussion for judges’ files. By the conclusion of each assigned show, the Executive Field Representative must have completed a written report on and discussed it with each judge observed.
- Interview prospective and approved judges; provide timely, relevant written feedback to office staff. Serve as advisor to new breed applicants and, when possible, to approved breed applicants.
- Recommend changes in show layout, arrangements, sites, and entry limitations. Explain rules, policies, etc., to exhibitors, show committees, and superintendents. Observe conduct of show for rule/policy violations; recommend fines/warnings where necessary.
- Report electronically to the AKC website the group and BIS results for all events attended.
- Stay current with AKC rules and policies; make suggestions for revisions.
- Review and study breed standards; observe dogs and judging; have discussions with exhibitors, handlers and breeders in order to improve knowledge of all breeds.