Director of Software Engineering
As a Director of Software Engineering you will lead a global team of talented engineers who are dedicated to building out a secure, scalable and robust cloud data protection platform. As our customer base continues to grow our product offerings need to scale and become robust. This is a true leadership position offering the opportunity design and shape the product. You will be responsible for driving the development of product in a fast paced, start-up environment.
What you can expect to work on:
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will provide leadership and guidance to a software engineering team. Hire and grow the team.
- Providing technical leadership in defining the product
- Drive development processes to meet aggressive release schedules
- Work closely with our senior engineering management, product management and executive team to define Product strategy and roadmap
What you need to succeed:
- Around 10 years of overall work experience, with 5 years in management roles
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines and meeting aggressive release schedules
- Experience in 24x7 SaaS environments
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer working with Java, C/C++ and/or Python
- Knowledge of file sharing solutions and/or storage systems is a plus
- Innovate and optimize engineering process and standards
- Demonstrated success leading development teams in a fast paced, startup environment
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining engineers
- Previous experience managing global teams
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication sills
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
What we offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family (low premiums and deductibles!)
- Flexible hours and responsible time off
- Gym, cell phone, and commute reimbursement
- Healthy lunches, breakfast, and bottomless snacks and beverages
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks including discounted pet insurance, theme park tickets, travel, and more!
- Board games - you name it, we got it. Take a break and get to know other Egnyters!
Egnyte Lifetime Membership
Egnyte is the only secure content platform built specifically for businesses. With thousands of customers worldwide, in a variety of different vertical markets, Egnyte delivers secure content collaboration, compliant data protection, and simple infrastructure modernization; all through a single SaaS platform.
Founded in 2007, Egnyte is a privately held, company with headquarters in Mountain View, offices in Raleigh, NC, Spokane, WA, London and Poland. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Goldman Sachs.