We’re Elliott Davis, a rapidly growing CPA firm with over 700 professionals across multiple states within the Southeast. Consistently named among the “Best Places to Work,“ we’re revolutionizing what it means to specialize in the public accounting field. Starting with a powerful mixture of wisdom, energy and fresh perspective, we dig deep, finding the courage to challenge every comfortable assumption the system has been built upon. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we believe like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We’re so happy you asked.
As part of the Elliott Davis team, you’ll get hands-on experience working alongside some of the leading experts in the financial and consulting field, while enjoying the freedom and autonomy to run your career and make a positive impact on the world.
- Technical Tax
- Perform technical tax review of assigned tax returns of varying complexity
- Research complex tax issues
- Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues
- Prepare complex business returns
- Delegate and manage tax and research assignments to achieve accurate and efficient product
- Schedule smooth system flow of tax returns
- Perform administrative duties relative to position, including billing
- Staff Development
- Direct Staff
- Maintains familiarity with staff’s qualifications, reviews assignments for appropriateness
- Provide effective performance feedback and on-the-job training
- Instruct and facilitate both internal and external training
- Business Development:
- Pursue opportunities to provide additional services; pursue leads
- Client Management:
- Develop and sustain excellent client relationships
- Recruitment of new and experienced staff
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance; Masters degree in Tax preferred
- 5+ years recent accounting firm experience including managing multiple tax accounting projects and client engagements, directing and scheduling staff and managing work flow. Additional industry experience a plus.
- Significant experience working with all types of entity taxes- international experience is heavily preferred.
- CPA certification
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills