Cohesity is redefining data management from the ground up to solve a critical challenge facing businesses today: mass data fragmentation. Most enterprise data — backups, archives, file shares, object stores, and data used for test/dev and analytics — sits in fragmented infrastructure silos that make it hard to protect, expensive to manage, and difficult to analyze. Cohesity consolidates silos onto one web-scale platform, spanning on-premises, cloud, and the edge, and uniquely empowers organizations to run apps on that platform — making it easier than ever to back up and extract insights from data. We're a values-led company looking for great people who love challenges, are collaborative and curious, unafraid to try, and passionate about customer success.
Channel Development Manager - Mid-South
Manage and accelerate partner relationships that support our sales teams that you are assigned to support. Cohesity will have between 4 - 8 sales teams (Rep
• SE) in the assigned territory. We have identified 2-3 strategic partners that align with each sales team where we are focused on developing highly productive and beneficial relationships. The objective of this role is to accelerate the sales growth of Cohesity by effectively leveraging our partners. Cohesity is 100% Channel. This role will require heavy travel within the territory and occasional travel elsewhere for training, QBR's and industry events. The travel expectation is estimated at an average 3-4 days/week
- The primary responsibility is to Accelerate our partnership with 20-25 strategic partners, and will require 70% of your time. This time includes, relationship building, business planning, joint sales calls with partners, delivering sales training, technical training/coordination, evangelizing Cohesity, driving partner demand generation activities, tracking key channel metrics and developing additional tools and processes to support your own efforts. Key skill sets for this function include a combination of sales, relationship building, highly effective multi-tasking, ability to “just get things done“, excellent presentation skills and training/mentoring partner reps and SE's.
- The 2nd priority for this role is to spend about 20% of the time managing all other channel needs in the territory. This includes recruiting, screening, informing and managing all non-strategic partner activity. There will be approximately another 30 or so authorized partners where we are engaged opportunistically, but do not fit in the strategic category mentioned above. They will have some needs and activity that requires support, although we want to minimize the time spent in this category to allow more time for the strategic partners. There are also some general and administrative functions you'll be responsible for which fit into this category (preparing for internal QBRs, on boarding new Cohesity sales teams, and some program administration activity). Key skill set for this function is to be able to prioritize then compact an endless to do list and limit time spent here to less than 1 day/week.
- The last 10% of the job is to help us build the most effective channel program created by a storage company. Being a very young company, we are developing new content, training materials and tools as we go. You will be expected to contribute content development and help to create new tools and processes which can be leveraged with other partners.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a customer facing pre-sales role proposing enterprise solutions at all levels of a customer organization.
- Experience in working with customers and technology partners
- Comfort in working with multiple decision-makers to drive proposals
- Very comfortable presenter of technical and business material to both small and large groups
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
The compensation for this role is a 60-40 plan, 60% salary paid 2x/mo. and 40% commission paid monthly. Cohesity provides excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., Disability, Unlimited PTO, etc. There will be stock options offered as part of the package, which are based on the last approved valuation of Cohesity related to our options program.